Thursday, January 21, 2016

'It was a nightmare' says Miss Colombia as Steve Harvey offers an emotional on-air apology on his talk show: 'I just want to say how sorry I am'.


"It was a nightmare," said Miss Colombia, Ariadna Gutierrez when she appeared on Steve Harvey's talk show as he offered an emotional on-air apology after mistakenly announcing her as the winner of Miss Universe last month, now telling her: "I just want to say how sorry I am".

"You're the one person that I really wanted to talk to," said an emotional Steve Harvey. "Because of a mistake I made, I cast you into a spotlight or place that I never intended to. That I would not want to happen to anybody."

"I just want to say how sorry I am. I'm beyond sorry for what happened that night and that it was you."

"It was like a nightmare. I was watching the videos and I couldn't believe that that happened to me. I needed time with my family. To calm down. To think what I'm going to say now, what I'm going to do now."

"I'm ready to move on. This is our destiny," she said.


"You keep making mistakes - it's 'Aria-da", nor Ariana," she told Steve Harvey

"You have to learn how to read cards," she said.

Ariadna Cutierrez told Steve Harvey she initially laughed and thought he was going to be making a joke. "You know, like Oprah: 'You're Miss Universe! And you're Miss Universe! Everyone is Miss Universe!"

"My concern was for the two of you. It was horrible," said Steve Harvey.