Thursday, April 25, 2013

BREAKING. Andrew Levy the new sports anchor on e.tv's Sunrise - confirmed today although I knew for 2 weeks already.


Another story I've been working for at least 2 weeks with no responses (e.tv tells me the email in Hyde Park  has mysteriously not been working) - with suddenly a press release (after I got no answers) announcing what insider sources told me weeks ago: Andrew Levy will be the new Sunrise sports anchor on e.tv's breakfast show.

Insider sources told me weeks ago that Andrew Levy has been practising television presenting and I asked e.tv's publicity department specifically that I've heard that Andrew Levy is joining Sunrise. I got zero response. Now today, a general press release to all.

"Sport is a big part of Sunrise and the country and we are proud to have acquired the services of Andrew Levy who will make sure that our viewers get the latest and most updated sports bulletins daily," says e.tv in a general press statement.

"The channel believes viewers will quickly warm up to Andrew as he will bring with him a fresh and new energy to an exciting Sunrise team," says Nicholas Maphopa, Sunrise's executive producer.

Andrew Levy's drop-in quote in the press release: "I am super excited joining such an amazing team, I am a firm believer of building South Africa, being part of ht solutions and changing mindsets. I really look forward to being part of the go-to morning show in South Africa."