Friday, August 28, 2009

i PROMISE you will love them . . . (and laugh)


There's a chemistry and a deadpan funniness and just a radiating joy that makes me chuckle whenever i see them. Together.


I can count my real friends who happen to be celebs as well, on one hand - because I can unfortunately not chummy up with those I cover and write about. I always keep my professional distance. But who now do I suddenly NOT want to keep my distance from?


Anele Mdoda and Rob van Vuuren who are the new co-presenters of SA's Got Talent that will start on 1 October at 19:30 on SABC2. I promise you they are SUPER FUNNY when you're going to see them from October, but naturally so. They don't make an act of it - they simply are. Viewers are definitely in for a treat with these two AND then there is still the show and the aspiring talent seekers that it's really about.


I've already interviewed Anele and Rob when I hanged with them backstage at the auditions (will post those interviews here and the other publications I write for, just before, and when SA's Got Talent starts). Together these two are magical. You see it and you just feel it. They just go with the flow, and each other, and they crack me up. Completely.


They're totally on the contestants' side in the show, they talk to the contestants just before they go on before the judges, they over- but then downplay what they do (which works PERFECTLY) and what is BEST - which I can only hope some of it makes it into the actual show viewers will see - is the little moments of COMPLETE deadpan funniness between them.

Like:

Rob: Hey. Look. Here's a chocolate.

Anele: I love you.


I sure viewers will pick up on the dynamic duo's spontaneous and super cool interaction immediately. And love them as much as I do now, too.